Sunday, January 23, 2011

Writing Haiku in English


Nothing to write --
listening to the sounds of clock
in a dark winter room


I have begun to write Haiku in English recentry.

Even though I had studied Haiku as one of Japanese Literature at my university and read some books about the masterpieces of Haiku, I assumed that Haiku was only an out-of-date form of Japanese creative writings.

But once I composed a Haiku in English by myself, I came to be interested in the short form of Haiku known as three lines poem. Thanks to this short form, I came to be careful to choose the words and help me learn something more about English language. In addition, I am very surprised to notice that there are so many Haiku enthusiasts in the world.

Now, I'm thinking about making at least a (one) Haiku in English each and every day. ʘ‿ʘ

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis