Sunday, January 2, 2011

Hatsu moude

Above photo was taken on January 2, 2010 by myself.

At the first three days of the new year, the period called "sanga nichi" or "oshogatsu", most Japanese people visit Shinto shrines or Buddhist temples where they pray for happiness, peace and good health in the coming year. These new year visits to shrines and temples are called "hatsu moude". My family and I also visited to Jindaiji Temple for "hatsu moude" today.

Jindaiji Temple is in Chofu City, a western suburb of Tokyo. This temple, constructed in 733, is near the oldest in the Tokyo area. There are many of food stands, soba restaurants and souvenir shops around this temple. That local flavor evokes an image of Edo-preiod Japan and entertains the visitors to an approach to temple gate.

My family and I love this place very much. We've visited to Jindaiji every new year for more five years.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis